I saw this online and loved the idea!!

This was my pegboard before. Nice idea, but I'd never use my supplies as I couldn't see what was hanging behind each item.




Then under it I had this 6 bin organizer. Again I couldn't "see" into it so I'd just keep sticking things in there and forget about them. Aren't we all guilty of that?
Here is the 4 tier shoe rack, empty. I only used 3 of the 4 racks because I really wanted space to hang longer items. I decided to try a few before I completely got it together, and the find out it didn't work.
 


This is my other shelf. With bins that had stickers organized by theme. I'd look in there sometimes but not often. They just sat and collected dust. ALL of this was going onto this new "clip" storage system.
Here it is! Almost filled up! The shoerack had "baskets" but they had NO bottom as shoes didnt need a bottom. I made my own bottoms. The rack is so easy, it rotates and I can see everything. I took some up close pictures so you could see how much hangs from it. The clips I used were from IKEA. They are the diginet (spelling?) clips that are made for curtains. Pretty affordable. 24 pack is only $4.99. I bought 2 packs and that isn't nearly enough but we have one IKEA in the state so I wasn't going back. For smaller items I starter using paper clips and just hanging them. Worked perfectly!!





If you have any questions let me know! I love the baskets for my larger items :) I made circles to fit inside using old cropper hopper plastic dividers and chipboard !

10 comments:

  1. Looks great. Lots of good storage ideas. I especially like the shoe rack.
    http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this idea! I am going to get a shoerack asap! Where did you get yours and how much?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen! They sell them at BJ's for $25ish.. I got mine off amazon, was $33 with 2 day shipping. I didnt mind the extra cost since its easier then joining bj's!

    Its very sturdy/heavy so it wont tip. I used 3 baskets but it does come with 4 if you only plan to hang shorter items from it :)

    HTH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love the idea of using a clip-it-up for my clear stamps, but couldn't see shelling out that kind of $$... what a great alternative! Heading to BJ's later today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing this on Two Peas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome ideas especially the shoe racks....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fab ideas. In love with the shoe-rack, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just finished mine! Thanks again for the idea!

    PS - I got my shoerack at walmart for $20 and just used ID badge clips. They are about $2 for a 12 pack at walmart too.

    ReplyDelete

Keep In Touch

Pinterest Facebook Google+

Contact Me

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:






Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Grab My Button

Powered by Blogger.

Search My Blog

Design Teams I Belong To:

None at the moment, please see my resume for past Design Team Experience.

Followers

Sponsors

 photo adspace_zpsf8c29f7b.jpg

Crafty Visitors